Basic Rider Course Information
The Basic Rider Course (BRC) was developed by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) as a comprehensive riding program for the beginner rider. Taught by Go Motorcycling, the course consists of 5 hours of interactive classroom learning and at least 10 hours of hands-on riding instruction.
The BRC provides the beginning motorcyclist with the basic mental and physical riding skills necessary to minimize risk on the street.
In the classroom you’ll learn about:
- Different types of motorcycles
- How they operate
- What to wear for comfort and protection
- How to develop a riding strategy for dealing with traffic and road hazards
- How alcohol and other drugs can affect your ability to ride safely.
The BRC’s riding exercises cover:
- Straight-line riding
- Cornering and swerving techniques
- Motorcycle dynamics
Each class is limited to 12 students with 2 RiderCoaches. Learning is a fun, step-by-step process in a secured lot on our user-friendly training motorcycles.
Go Motorcycling, Inc. provides:
- Eye protection
- Course materials
You need to provide your own